Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aunt Elfie and Rowan


My aunts and uncles are one of a kind,
A little goofy but are quite a great find.
They like to play the same silly games,
And are always calling me strange little names.
They love to hug and kiss, tickle and squeeze,
And sometimes I even bounce on their knees.
I like it so much I can't help but grin,
I know it's their hearts I'll surely win.
Author: Bernadett Redmond


I love this little guy so much that it is painful at times.
I babysat him two days this week and it was awful leaving him.
When he saw me with all my bags walking out the door, he got so angry.
I asked him to give me a kiss and he leaned forward and gave me a sweet open-mouthed Rowan kiss.
We had such a fun time together.
We went to the park, splash pad, and the fair.
We watched music videos, read books, and ate Jack in the Box.
I never knew that I would love my nephew as much as I do.
He feels like my own child.
I can only imagine what it will be like when I do have a child of my own.
 I cherish every moment I have with this little booger. 
Like the poem says, he has truly won my heart.

I Love You, Rowan....xoxo Aunt Elfie

1 comment:

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)