Thursday, July 19, 2012

Obsessed: Dip-Dyed Hair

So I recently fell in love with the "dip-dyed" hair look.  My sister and I decided to dip dye our own hair.  We bought a bubble gum pink demi-permanent hair dye and dyed our tips!  Here was the result:

We dyed our tips in layers, starting with the bottom.  We dyed the tips of each 1-2 inch section of hair.  We dyed about 3 inches of tip.  My sister and I used foils to dye the tips.  Overall, we were pleased with the results.  Here are step-by-step instructions that my sister and I went by. The instructions say to bleach the tips before you color them.  I did not do this because I did not want my tips to be bleached after the color washed out.  My sister did bleach her tips, though, because she has dark hair and wanted the color to show up.
 Happy Thursday (Almost Friday!)

4 comments:

  1. Ah that looks fab! I love the dip dye too but I’m worried it will damage my hair. I got these instead - I&K dip dye hair extensions They’re available at Hairtrade.com and there's some gorgeous colours. I got the turquoise one! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I took a look at those extensions! Such a great idea. It was fine on my hair b/c it's blonde...but my sister had to bleach her dark hair before dying the tips. The extensions would work great for her. Thanks for the tip and for stopping by! xoxo

      Delete
  2. That is amazing! I want to dip dye my hair but its ginger :/ So will be too much hassle to do so and I have noo idea what colour :) Following you. Follow back?
    Fee XX
    http://feeling-random.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red hair is beautiful. I think you could do any color that you wanted to do! Thanks for the follow...following you back! P.S. Love your blog header...very cute :)

      Delete

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)