Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins



Friday morning, I woke up craving chocolate chip muffins.  I knew that I had pancake mix.  I wondered if I could make quick muffins out of that.  Well, I googled and found a great, easy recipe!  I found it here.  This recipe makes blueberry muffins.  I'm not a huge fan of blueberries, so I just used dark chocolate chips instead.  The recipe is as follows: 

Ingredients:
2-1/2 cups pancake mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Directions:
1.  In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and sugar.  In another bowl, whisk the egg, water, and oil.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in blueberries. 
2.  Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Bake at 400 for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.  Yield:  1 dozen.

***Notes:  You could use any oil.  I used olive oil.  Also, I would recommend using foil cupcake liners.  They have a paper liner inside the foil liner.  They keep the muffins moist!  Constantly check your muffins.  I like mine very soft and moist.  They will quickly overbake. 


3 comments:

  1. They look good! Ship me some! I've given you the Liebster Blog Award Elly :)
    http://beautybylizy.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/thanks-darling-you-shouldnt-have.html Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi those muffin look so yummy
    I discovered your blog from the Liebster Blog Award.
    I decided to follow you to support my fellow blogger. Hope you will do the same for me :)
    -Stefania
    http://traintostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm your newest follower :)

      Delete

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)