Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Power of Books

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~Paul Sweeney
Books are a uniquely portable magic. ~Stephen King

A blessed companion is a book, - a book that, fitly chosen, is a lifelong friend,... a book that, at a touch, pours its heart into our own. ~Douglas Jerrold

www.quotegarden.com/books.html

Books are so very powerful.  One can so easily get lost in the pages of a great book.  And by lost...I mean LOST.  I become so attached to books that I, like the quote says, feel like I lost a friend when I am finished.  I feel such an attachment to the characters.  I create this whole imaginary scenario in my head that is oh so amazing.  Books allow me to escape reality for a bit and indulge in the life of someone else.  An imaginary someone else that seems so unimaginary.  The first book series that I became, well, OBSESSED with was the "Twilight" series. I don't think any book will top Twilight.  I am amazed at how authors can write such amazing books that simply intrigue readers.  I would love to be able to write in such a way.  Anyways, I was inspired today as I finished another book and started another imaginary journey...and I wanted to share this inspiration with you :)


And how can you forget the most powerful book of them all?  The absolute one and only TRUTH is found in this book here.  Now how POWERFUL is that? 

Happy Reading, All! :)

P.S.  What are some of your favorite books?  I am always looking for another great book to read :)

6 comments:

  1. I know exactly the feeling you are explaining. I used to think I was the only one who felt that way...it started when I was little, reading the matchbox car children series...I so hope my kids love to read like I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, not matchbox...just boxcar children...hahah i've been up since 4:30. wow.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I didn't even catch it! I knew what you meant! And I remember those, too!

      Delete
  2. These pictures are so beautiful....

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)