Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring: Birthday, Jesus, and Pastels

Spring is probably my least favorite season.  I like fall because of Halloween, pumpkins, colorful leaves, hayrides, the Calithumpian Parade, and Thanksgiving.  I like winter because of Christmas, New Years, cookies, snow, Christmas music, fires, and sweaters.  I like summer because of warmth, sunshine, water, swimsuits, campfires, 4th of July, lakes, ice cream, sun bathing, etc. (I could go on and on for this one.)  And then there's spring.  I like spring because of rain, mild temperatures, muddy yards, ...wait what?  Exactly.  I can never think of reasons why I like spring.  It's just so "BLAH" to me.  BUT, I sit back and have to remember that my birthday and EASTER take place in spring.  In fact, I was born on Easter back in 1989.  What more perfect reason to like spring?  Celebrating JESUS.  Yes, that is why I like spring...................AND pastel colors!! My whole entire room is decorated in pastels.  I thought I would share a few pictures with you.  So cheers to Spring, My Birthday, Jesus, and Pastels!!
Pink Speckled Eggs.  Love.  I purchased these at a small local shop in my home town. 
As I did some spring cleaning this week, away went my winter Scentsy warmer, and out came my spring Scentsy warmer.  Btw, Scentsy is an awesome product and they have some ADORABLE warmers.  For more information, visit their website here
These are not sitting out in my room (they are crammed in my closet for storing), but they are pastel, and I wanted to share them with you!  I got them for SUPER cheap at a local store around Christmas time. 
I fell in love with these boxes on Etsy.  I keep them on my vanity.  I store in them extra buttons, ticket stubs, and different sentimental items that I have collected over the years. 

Happy early spring everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, I commented earlier...what the heck happened to my comment? It keeps doing that! Anyway, cute post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Did u notice my new white table!?

      Delete
    2. No! Where did you find one?!

      Delete
  2. Love your sweet blog! I'm a new follower!
    Best,
    Anne ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just checked out your blog, and it's adorable :) Now following!

      Delete
  3. Got a little jealous when you were listing all the things you look forward to year round! :) We don't have a big Halloween celebration (let alone orange pumpkins, ours are grey LOL), no Thanksgiving, obviously no 4th of July, it doesn't snow at Christmas cause our seasons are opposite (can you imagine having a WARM Christmas??? Haha I can't imagine it snowing). But I can always look forward to Jesus :) Pastel Easter's are the best. Totally dreaming about all the CHOCOLATE too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...that's strange...no orange pumpkins? I would love grey, though! When buying pumpkins, I actually look for non-orange ones! I can't imagine it being warm during Christmas! I didn't know that's how it was in New Zealand! Interesting! I would love to visit New Zealand...it looks soo pretty. And yes, I love the chocolate, too :) xoxo

      Delete
    2. Haha well the actual bit of the pumpkin that you eat is orange but the skin is grey! and quite small I think compared with yours?? Haaaahaha love how this turned into a pumpkin chat. Yup, because we are in the Southern Hemisphere our seasons are flipped :) Right now it's autumn and getting pretty chilly, but in most places in NZ it doesn't snow. It did snow where I lived last year though!!! Oh my goodness, never seen snow like that in my life! And not to brag, but it is really pretty here ;) ! haha you should definitely come here if you get the chance. There are a lot of cool things to see and do, even if you're just driving through, the 'countryside' is awesome.

      Delete

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)