Friday, March 9, 2012

Magical Carpet Cleaner

My carpet in my room is SO old.  It has been there ever since my parents built this house, which was prolly about 30 years ago.  Therefore, there are alot of little stains on the carpet.  While I really wish to tear the carpet up and put down hardwood floor, that idea is not too practical since I will hopefully be moving out soon.  I shouldn't spend money on flooring.  So...with my OCD, the only other option was to scrub away.  So that's what I did.  I found this "Magical Carpet Cleaner" recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot! I used it on stains on my rug and carpet both.  Boy, was it magical!  It lightened stains that have been on my carpet not weeks, but years.  You can still FAINTLY see some of the stains, but it is FAINT!! I was ecstatic!  I feel so much better that my carpet is cleaner than it was!  I was so excited that I went next door to my sister's room and tried out a stain on her floor.  Here are before and after pictures:
BEFORE
AFTER

 TA-DA!! Just using baking soda, warm water, vinegar, and dish soap.  Find the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)