Saturday, March 3, 2012

Healthy(er) Living Part 4: Not As Sweet, Sweets

I have a MAJOR sweet tooth.  Each morning, I think that I need something sweet for breakfast.  After each meal, I think I need something sweet for dessert.  The meal just doesn't feel complete without a bite of sweetness.  BUT...As I described in this post, sugar is NOT good for you.  So, I have been trying to cut SOME of it out.  Here are a few of my not as sweet, sweets I have indulged in this week.
Skinny No-Bake Cheesecake with strawberries on top!  I previously made and shared this recipe with you two posts ago.  This week, as I was eating the cake, I decided to add some extra flavor to it.  These strawberries made the cheesecake DIVINE.  Let's just say that I had a piece almost every night this week. 
For breakfast, I love the combination of an oats and honey granola bar, a banana, and milk.  YUM.  The best oats and honey granola bar that I have had is made by Sunbelt.  It only contains 8 grams of sugar.
Simple, but sweet.  Strawberries with whipped cream, NOT Cool Whip.  Real whipped cream has less sugar than Cool Whip.  I use Reddi Whip which has less than 1 gram of sugar per 2 tablespoons.
AND.....................................my VERY sweet, sweet of the week.  A delicious brownie that I devoured this morning at coffee with a friend.  It IS the weekend, right ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)