Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dreams

I have many, many dreams.  One of them is "to become a teacher."  This dream frightens me more than ever.  As I pursue my dream of becoming a teacher, I am challenged every single day.  Today, I was challenged yet again.  I started my six week internship in kindergarten at an elementary school.  Now, I am a shy, timid individual and I hate the fear of the unknown.  Last night I couldn't sleep, and I was nervous all morning.  But as I was going about my morning, I kept telling myself this quote.  "If Your Dreams Don't Scare You, They're Not Big Enough."  And my dreams, especially this one, scare the crap out of me.  I have so many questions about teaching yet to be answered, and so much more stuff to learn, but I just have to remember that it is normal to be scared.  And as my teacher always tells us "Inch by inch, life's a cinch, yard by yard, life's hard."  Therefore, all we need to remember is:  "One step at a time." :) 

1 comment:

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)