Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sugar Cookie Truffles

My friend Kiri and I have an annual baking day each Christmas season.  This past Christmas, we made sugar cookie truffles, soft and chewy gingerbread men, and fudge.  Today I'm going to share the sugar cookie truffle recipe that we used.  I found the recipe here at "Munchkin Munchies" blog.  Kiri and I used store-bought sugar cookie dough in order to save time.  If I were to make this recipe again, I would definitely use homemade sugar cookie dough.  I reccomend choosing your favorite sugar cookie recipe. 

Ingredients:

16 oz. sugar cookie dough
1.5 oz. room temperature cream cheese (Yes, ONLY 1.5 ounces!)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 T. shortening
sprinkles for garnish

Directions:

Bake sugar cookies from dough.  Bake cookies until crisp, but not burnt.  Cool cookies.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.  Crumble cookies into food processor (we used a blender-which I don't recommend-it was tough to blend all of the cookies without burning up the blender :/).  Process until cookies are a fine crumb.  Add the cream cheese and process until the mixture starts to hold together. 
Roll mixture into 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.  Freeze for 10-15 minutes.  Melt white chocolate chips and shortening in microwave on medium power in 30 second intervals until just melted.  Stir well after each interval.  Dip each ball into white chocolate with a fork, tapping off the excess. 
Return to baking sheet.  Add sprinkles.  Let set.
Break off excess white chocolate around the truffles.  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)