Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Go Back...


"Rise in the morning with the spirit you had known in your childhood. That spirit of eagerness and adventure and certainty." 

Yesterday was so special to me.  I felt like a six-year-old all over again.  The day started out with a college class with a wonderful teacher.  He read to us, showed us Dr. Seuss magic tricks, and told us many stories.  He made me feel young again and excited to learn.  It has been a very long time since I have had this feeling. 

My day then continued with being called off work.  Even though I don't get paid, I am ecstatic to get a day off.  I came home from school and had nothing to do.  Just like I used to experience when I was a child.  Nothing to do, nowhere to go. 

Later on around five, my boyfriend and I went to dinner and a movie!  We ate at Logan's and then watched Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  Oh how I loved that movie when I was a child.  Watching it instantly took me back in my rocking chair, six years old, curled up with my blankies, enjoying a Disney classic. 

Yesterday was perfect.  It is so nice to pretend to be a child again.  Such a breath of fresh air.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)