Thursday, August 11, 2011

Good Stuff


Getting goosebumps from listening to a song is one of the greatest feelings in the world.  I love when a song touches me to the point where my body tingles all over.  That means it's a wonderful song.  This recently happened to me when listening to the song "The Good Stuff" by Kenny Chesney.  The song is such a great reminder of how tangible, materialistic things mean absolutely nothing.  Today, it is soooo hard for all of us to remember this.  At the end of your life, what is going to really mean something to you is "The Good Stuff." 

Not a soul around but the old bar keep,
Down at the end and looking half asleep.
And he walked up, and said : "What'll it be?"
I said: "The good stuff."

He didn't reach around for the whiskey;
He didn't pour me a beer.
His blue eyes kinda went misty,
He said: "You can't find that here.

'Cause it's the first long kiss on a second date.
Momma's all worried when you get home late.
And droppin' the ring in the spaghetti plate,
'Cause your hands are shakin' so much.
And it's the way that she looks with the rice in her hair.
And eatin' burnt suppers, the whole first year,
And askin' for seconds to keep her from tearin' up.
Yeah, man, that's the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)