Thursday, July 21, 2011

Living In The Moment


I am a HUGE movie fanatic.  There is nothing better than curling up in a cozy lazy boy on a warm summer night and indulging in a great movie.  Movies continue to inspire me.  My latest inspiration comes from the movie "Love and Other Drugs" starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway.  When the movie came to an end, I found myself smiling and crying at the same time.  I looked over at my mom and she was doing the same :).  I love when a movie does that to you.  One of the most inspiring quotes from the movie is as follows: 

Maggie (Anne) is being video taped by Jamie (Jake) and when asked what she is thinking about she says:

"Just how happy I am...in this moment right now...how the light's hitting that face of yours...there's this little breeze coming in through the window...it doesn't matter if I have 10,000 more moments like this or just this one...because it's all the same...right now...this moment...I have this."

Ahh...so beautiful.  After watching this movie, I kept thinking of this quote, and how I rarely live for the current moment.  I am constantly planning, planning, planning...thinking about the future...worrying about EVERYTHING.  Why can't I just be like Maggie and breathe in and cherish every moment that I am given?  How much more relaxing and pleasurable my life would be! 

We, as individuals, take so many things for granted.  We need to take some time in each day to STOP and smell the roses.  Life is BEAUTIFUL. 

I am going to make it an effort to ABSORB each wonderful moment that I am given......that moment when my nephew grins at me and his little dimple pops out...that moment when my family and I are hysterically laughing over something said that only we would think is funny...that moment when my best friend and I both say the exact same thing at the same exact time because we are so much alike.  Those little moments...I wouldn't want to lose them for the world...so from now on...I WON'T.

1 comment:

  1. Cute post :) You're such a good writer. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for warming my heart and brightening my day :)